Eligibility for World Cup 2016
The International Quidditch Association is excited to announce that ahead of this summer’s World Cup in Frankfurt, Germany, the organisation has created an Eligibility Policy which will be determine which nations and athletes are eligible to compete at the event.
The policy is available to read in full here. All IQA member nations in good standing will be able to attend, with emerging areas and national teams without national governing bodies to be accepted on a case by case basis.
The policy also outlines eligibility requirements for athletes, which are as follows:
All qualifying applicants for a national team should be considered and have an equal chance under a fair and transparent method of selection.
Every national governing body may choose their own criteria for who may be compete on their team. Minimum requirements for consideration are:
- Anyone at least 16 years old by 22nd July 2016 AND AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Anyone with citizenship OR
- Anyone who has lived in the country for at least 3 years OR
- Anyone who has played quidditch only in the nation OR
- Anyone who for at least the last international season (July 2014 to June 2015) has been playing in the nation (and not their nation of citizenship)
NGBs are free to set more restrictive guidelines for selection to their National Team
Further details regarding the registration process and the requirements from attending national governing bodies can be found in the full policy document.